• Places: Rio de Janeiro, Iguazú, Buenos Aires, Lima, Cusco & Machu Picchu.
• Duration: 14 customized days.
• The experiencie: Visit the wonderful city of Rio de Janeiro with its striking beaches. Explore Buenos Aires typical neighborhoods. Live Peru and learn about the Inca culture and its magnificent Machu Picchu Ruins.
• As from U$D 2.957.- per person. Price in double base and “Classic” hotel category 4**** with breakfast. Includes entrance fees to National Parks and services as described in the itinerary. Not Included: International air tickets and air tickets within South America.
Charming South America Argentina, Brazil and Peru.
Day 1: Arrival in Rio de Janeiro.
Reception at Rio de Janeiro airport and transfer to your hotel.
Day 2: Tour to Corcovado, famous postcard of Rio de Janeiro.
Half day visit to Corcovado Mountain and the Christ the Redeemer statue in the afternoon during this 4-hour tour. Ride the cog train up the steep mountainside through the Tijuca Rainforest, disembarking at the top to panoramic views of Rio. Spend time admiring the iconic statue and snapping photos of the surrounding scenery. Round-trip transportation from most Rio hotels is included.
Day 3: Tour to the Sugar Loaf, Rio de Janeiro icon.
Experience the thrill of a cable car ride to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain where the views of Rio de Janeiro and the Atlantic are spectacular.
The tour begins with a drive through beautiful downtown Rio, passing by the Sambodrome, the Metropolitan Museum, Cinelândia square with its historical buildings, the Municipal Theater, the National Library and the National Museum of Fine Arts.
Passing through the Aterro do Flamengo, the largest park in Rio de Janeiro and arrival in Urca, home of the famous Sugarloaf Mountain, one of the major symbols of the city.
The visit to the top is made by two sets of cable cars, the first taking you to the top of Urca Hill which stands 215 meters high and overlooks Guanabara Bay and its many islands, the Rio-Niteró Bridge and Corcovado Hill, where you can see the statue of Christ the Redeemer keeping watch over the citizens of Rio.
The second cable car journey takes you to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain where panoramic vistas await and you can view such sights as the famous Copacabana Beach.
* Optional Tour: For the night, we suggest a visit to a Samba school getting ready for the very famous Rio Carnival. The visit includes dinner in a typical Brazilian grill house and takes place until one week before Carnival. It should be added to the circuit as an extra. Check with our local experts!
Day 4: From Rio de Janeiro to Iguazu. From Samba to the Jungle and the amazing Iguazú Falls.
Transfer to Rio de Janeiro airport. Reception at Foz de Iguazú airport (Brasil) and transfer to hotel.
Day 5: Iguazú Falls Argentine side, one of the most amazing places in the world.
Visit one of the most beautiful places in the planet! The spectacular Iguazú Falls. Begin with a quiet journey through the jungle in the picturesque Ecological train, and visit the famous Garganta del Diablo (Devil´s throat). Travel through a long walkway until reaching the viewpoint of the gorge which offers a unique and unforgettable scene. Afterwards, visit of both the upper and lower walkways, to enjoy and live the waterfalls.
* Optional Tour: We suggest adding The Great Adventure that includes a truck ride through the jungle and a navigation that will take you very close to the waterfalls. Prepare yourself to get wet!
Day 6: Iguazú Falls Brazilian side. Return to Buenos Aires.
Half day trip to the Brazilian Falls. Even great part of the waterfalls are on the Argentine side, great panoramic views are seen from the Brazilian side.
After the trip, transfer to Puerto Iguazú airport. Reception at Buenos Aires domestic airport (Aeroparque Jorge Newbery) and transfer to your hotel.
Day 7: Buenos Aires; tour around La Boca, San Telmo, Recoleta Cemetery and Plaza de Mayo.
Visit the City of Buenos Aires to discover the most picturesque and traditional neighborhoods, the traces of immigration, the history of tango and folklore, the cattle culture, the football passion and more. Among the many places to visit, the tour includes the traditional Plaza de Mayo and its surroundings that witnessed the founding of Buenos Aires; the neighborhoods of San Telmo and La Boca, with its famous Caminito street. Tour continues along Recoleta and Retiro.
Day 8: Buenos Aires. Day at Leisure.
Day at Leisure to stroll around Buenos Aires on your own. Don´t miss the Colón Theater, Tortoni Café and the trendy Palermo Soho.
We do suggest adding some of the following Optional tours prior to your arrival:
* Navigate the Tigre Delta in the outskirts of the city; discover the people and its peculiar way of living among channels and rivers. A unique ecosystem just 30 minutes away from downtown. This was the area chosen by the aristocratic families for their summer holidays by the end of XIX century.
* Enjoy an Estancia or a country day. Get to know The Pampas, gauchos’ horseback riding skills, folkloric dances and enjoy a typical argentine barbecue.
* Dinner and Tango Show. A visit to Buenos Aires will only be complete if it includes a Tango evening. From international shows to smaller and more traditional milongas, don´t hesitate to indicate your preference to include a tango night.
Day 9: From Buenos Aires, Argentina to Cusco, Peru.
Transfer to Buenos Aires International Airport EZE (Ministro Pistarini). Reception at Cusco airport and transfer to your hotel.
Day 10: Travelling through the Inca´s Sacred Valley.
Uncover the fascinating architecture and culture of the ancient Incas during this 8- to 10-hour day trip covering the highlights of Peru’s Sacred Valley from Cusco. Check out the market in Pisac, stopping on Sundays to observe its famous mass. Visit the Inca settlement at Ollantaytambo and explore the ruins of its fortress and the Temple of the Sun, a mysterious structure composed of giant 12-foot (3.5-m) stones. Your Sacred Valley tour also includes a guide, lunch, entrance fees and round-trip hotel transport.
The trip includes a buffet lunch.
Day 11: From Cusco to Aguas Calientes & Machu Picchu by the Vistadome Train.
Departure towards the station of Poroy or Ollantaytambo, train´s starting point towards the station of Aguas Calientes. Arrival after a 4 hours journey and bus ride for a 30 minutes uphill ride up to the entrance of the fabulous Machu Picchu citadel, considered one of the Cultural Heritages of Humanity and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Visit of the citadel to admire its stairways, temples, sanctuaries and terraces. *the admission ticket to the Ruins is included*
Night and accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
Day 12: From Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
Before returning to Cusco, free time to rest or walk around Aguas Calientes. For those who wish to visit the Ruins again or climb the Huayna Picchy, it is possible to do it during this free morning. In both cases, you must pay the admission ticket again (second ticket nor included). We suggest making this decision there so you can evaluate your physical conditions after an exhausting previous day.
Day 13: Cusco City Tour.
Discover Cusco, the ancient capital of the Incas and one-time Spanish colonial hub, as you explore the city’s key landmarks on this 4-hour excursion. Visit the site of Qurikancha, once the most important temple in the Inca Empire, and today the site of a Dominican monastery. Then check out Cusco’s massive Main Cathedral, learning about its unique collection of art from the ‘Cusqueña’ school. See as well the impressive stonework at the archaeological complex of Sacsaywaman, and check out a variety of other Incan religious and military sites.
In the afternoon, transfer to Cusco Airport. Reception at Lima airport and transfer to your hotel.
Day 14: Lima tour, ancestral, colonial and contemporary city. End of your journey.
Discover the wealth of historic and modern attractions found in the Peruvian city of Lima during this 4-hour sightseeing tour. Feel like a real ‘Limeño’ (a Lima local) as you explore the town’s colonial and Incan architecture, visit its charming residential neighborhoods, visit the scenic cliff-strewn coast and admire its many religious shrines and churches.
Departure transfer to Lima airport to take your flight back home.
The trip around South America has ended, but you are left with the best memories of this unforgettable journey.
End of our services.PRINT