• Places: Ushuaia, El Calafate, El Chaltén, Puerto Natales, Torres del Paine, Puerto Varas & Bariloche.
• Duration: 16 customized days.
• The experiencie: A complete tour of Argentine and Chilean Patagonia, perfect for trekking and mountain lovers. Visit the best trekking places in Patagonia; El Calafate and El Chaltén with mount Fitz Roy in Argentina and Torres del Paine wonderful Chilean park. Move north to the lake Patagonia region and enjoy the lake crossing navigation between Argentina and Chile, passing through the most beautiful landscapes of lakes, volcanoes and forests.
• As from U$D 3.790- per person. Price in double base in “Classic” hotel category with breakfast. Includes Argentina and Chile air tickets, National Parks entrance Fees and services as described in the itinerary. Not Included: International air tickets.
Full Patagonia: Argentina & Chile with Lake crossing.
Day 1: Arrival in Ushuaia. The Southernmost city.
Reception at Ushuaia airport and transfer to your hotel.
Day 2: Tierra del Fuego National Park and End of the World Train ride.
Visit to Tierra del Fuego National Park, the only National Park in Argentina with coastline on the Beagle Channel. Enjoy Ensenada Bay and Lake Roca as well as a peaceful ride on board of the End of the World Train which uses the original slope which was once used by the train of Ushuaia Prison, now a museum (visit not included). During the journey you will appreciate the cohiues and lengas forests, a small cascade and the reconstruction of an Indian camp.
* Optional Tour: Beagle Channel navigation including the sight of the Les Eclaireurs lighthouse.
Day 3: Lakes Fagnano & Escondido.
Get a deeper insight of Tierra del Fuego by crossing the Andes Mountain Range. Have a chance to reach an inhospitable territory which will give you the notion of the real end of the world. The two lakes, Fagnano and Escondido, are two hidden treasures of Patagonia; far away from everything, these lakes enable total contact with nature.
* Optional: we suggest doing this trip in 4x4 vehicles, a more adventurous experience which can be added to your itinerary. Check with us for the additional cost.
Day 4: From Ushuaia to El Calafate. From the Southernmost city to the Glaciers.
Transfer to Ushuaia airport. Reception at El Calafate airport and transfer to your hotel.
Day 5: Be dazzled by the Perito Moreno Glacier & navigate the Témpanos Channel.
Visit the astonishing Perito Moreno Glacier. The journey itself is really attractive since you can appreciate the unique Patagonia landscapes alongside the Andes foothills.
The Perito Moreno Glacier is located in Los Glaciares National Park and was declared Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. During this visit walk the footbridges of the Perito Moreno Glacier in order to appreciate its walls. Navigate the Témpanos Channel to get closer to the glacier and observe its detachments.
* Optional tour: Not to be missed! We suggest adding the Minitrekking on the Glacier. It is an unforgettable experience without precedents and requires no training.
Day 6: El Calafate. Day at leisure.
Day at leisure. We suggest adding one of the following Optional tours according your main interest:
* Ice River Navigation: Navigate through glaciers and its bright blue icebergs.
* Navigate up to Upsala Glacier and Cristina Ranch
* Enjoy a country day at Nibepo Aike Ranch and penetrate the Patagonia. Ride the steppes, watch the sheep shearing in an Estancia with active production and eat a delicious lamb.
Day 7: From El Calafate to El Chaltén. From the Glaciers to the National Capital of Trekking.
Transfer by regular bus from El Calafate to El Chaltén, small town born in 1985, located in the middle of the spectacular Andean landscape. Considered National Capital of Trekking, it offers an array of tours which can be done by your own. Mounts Fitz Roy and Torre are among the ones which attract mountain climbers from around the world.
Day 8: El Chaltén. Day at leisure.
Today you can enjoy trekking on your own following the pathways with different levels of difficulty and length.
Trekking Fitz Roy and Laguna de los Tres, Trekking Cerro Torre or Trekking Pliegue Tumbado; they last around 6 to 8 hours and are good for beginners with a moderate level of difficulty.
We do suggest adding in advance the following Optional Tours:
* Mountain guide to accompany you during one of your chosen trekkings;
* Viedma Glacier (12 hours), for beginners and high level of difficulty;
* Viedma Navigation and Ice Trekking; this is a navigation tour and ice trekking with crampons on the Viedma Glacier, for beginners and of moderate level of difficulty.
Day 9: From El Chaltén back to El Calafate.
Return transfer by regular bus to El Calafate. Reception at the bus terminal of El Calafate and transfer to your hotel.
Day 10: From El Calafate, Argentina to Puerto Natales, Chile. From Glaciers to Torres del Paine.
Transfer by regular bus to Puerto Natales, entrance to Torres del Paine National Park. Reception at Puerto Natales bus terminal and transfer to your hotel.
Day 11: Full Day Torres del Paine.
Day visit to this spectacular park, famous for its 15 Towers, with altitudes ranging between 2,000 and 3,248 meters (6,560 to 10,650 feet). One of the visits included in this trip is to Cueva del Milodón (Milodón Cave), an enormous natural formation which has been declared National Monument. Tour continues towards the park through an area known as Laguna Amarga, where a great variety of animals like the red fox, and birds such as the Condor can be seen. Arrival in the incredible Lakes Nordenskjold, Pehoé and Grey with their impressive Glaciers. Opportunity of seeing guanacos and ñandúes among other local fauna. Return to Puerto Natales.
Day 12: From Puerto Natales to Puerto Varas. From Torres del Paine to the Chilean Lake region.
Transfer from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas airport by regular bus. Reception in Puerto Montt airport and transfer to your hotel in Puerto Varas.
Day 13: From Puerto Varas, Chile to Bariloche, Argentina; Crossing the Andes Range.
The trip begins in Puerto Varas, towards Frutillar, heading to Puyehue National Park, passing through the natural beauty of the Valdivian jungle and stopping at the Chilean & Argentine Customs Office, where you will present the immigration documents. The tour continues appreciating Lake Espejo and Lake Correntoso; visit the place where the Quetrihue Peninsula begins, and discover the beautiful Villa La Angostura. Final drive along the costs of the Lake Nahuel Huapi to arrive in the city of Bariloche.
* Note: this journey from Chile to Argentina can also be done by ship, and is known as the Cruce Andino (Andean Crossing); check with us available times of the year and supplement to proceed with this change. Minimum of 2 passengers.
Day 14: Small Circuit and Cerro Campanario.
In the afternoon Small Circuit tour. One of the most traditional tours of Bariloche that starts in the city and heads west by Bustillo avenue bordering Lake Nahuel Huapi. At km 8 is Playa Bonita from where Huemul Island is seen. At km 17 the foot of Cerro Campanario is reached; the chairlift will move you to the summit (1050m) from where the most beautiful views of the region can be seen. At Km 25 Llao Llao area appears where the Chapel St. Edward and Nahuel Huapi port are located.
Continue to Panorama Point from where lovely views of the Llao Llao Peninsula and surrounding lakes are seen. Then reach the bridge over Lake Moreno in their narrowness and begin to skirt the Laguna El Trebol. Getting back to Av Bustillo that returns to the city thus ending this excursion.
Day 15: Bariloche. Day at Leisure.
Day at Leisure to enjoy Bariloche on your own.
We suggest adding one of the following Optional tours prior arrival:
* Seven Lakes route that will allow you to visit one of the prettiest areas of Patagonia including spectacular water mirrors inserted in the mountains until reaching San Martín de los Andes.
* Cerro Tronador. Visiting Lake Gutiérrez and Lake Mascardi to reach the foot of Cerro Tronador and walk from there to the very tongue of the glacier: Ventisquero Negro (Black Snowdrift), a black glacier originated from the immaculate white top of Cerro Tronador.
Day 16: From Bariloche to Buenos Aires. Immediate connecting transfer to International airport. End of your journey.
Transfer to Bariloche airport. Reception at Buenos Aires domestic airport (Aeroparque Jorge Newbery) and immediate connecting transfer to Ezeiza International Airport (Ministro Pistarini) to take your flight back home.
The trip around Argentina and Chile has ended, but you are left with the best memories of this unforgettable journey.
End of our services.PRINT